The Cliff Notes version of any baby food recipe book:
Introduction - You should make your own baby food that is ORGANIC and NATURAL and GOOD instead of buying EVIL PROCESSED CORPORATE food. You spent at least $20 on this book so you could do that! Yay you! Fresh food is better for your baby. Feed your baby fresh food now, and s/he will grow up to be not obese and you will have no trouble with picky eating ever.
INSERT CUTE BABY SMILING NEXT TO PRETTY LOOKING FOOD HERE.
1) Get fruit that is naturally soft and squishy. Mash it up.
2) Steam fruit or veggies that are not naturally soft and squishy until they are soft and squishy. Mash them up.
3) Buy some organic whole milk yogurt. Feed it to your baby.
4) Here is a ridiculously complicated recipe involving grinding your own grains to make cereal. Ignore this one and go buy a box of rice cereal. You have a baby. You don't have time for that foolishness.
5) Oh yeah, eventually your baby should eat meat too. Cook it and then mash it up. Use the blender.
INSERT A PHOTO SPREAD OF BABIES LOOKING HAPPY NEXT TO BRIGHTLY COLORED MUSH HERE.