Monday, September 27, 2010

Empty Chairs at Empty Tables

I want to be one of the students in Les Miserables (the musical, not the crappy movie or the epic but fabulous novel).  Specifically, I want to be one of the students from Act I, before the fighting and death and all that.  They sit around at a bar for infinite amounts of time, discussing politics and being idealistic, occasionally breaking into song. They evidently don't need to work, because they have nicer costumes than the rest of the cast, but they don't do anything besides drink and make plans for overthrowing the government.

I don't want to overthrow the government or anything violent, but sitting around making plans and drinking cheap wine sounds like a nice way to live life sometimes.  Plus, being a perpetual student is totally something I could live with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment